"And he stayed by the well, awaiting the knowledge that was held within. Pulling an endless rope for 7 years, he lay patient, believing that what was to come was worth the blood-stained hands."

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello World!


This, the inaugural post for Pulling At The Well, is my first step back into blogging. I will be partly sharing my story, partly sharing schtuff that makes me laugh, and partly things that I find interesting.

I make every effort to post the truth. As I tell me story, there could be those who would have their own version, and I will be very up front in saying that I in no way intend to harm anyone, anyone's reputation, or embarrase them. Yet, this is MY story and I will be putting it all on the line as I reflect on certain events. I aim to remain anonymous and make up names for the people in my story so I can feel free to share whatever the hell I want.

The most important people in my world are my kids. They make me laugh and they make me always want to be a better man. I will refer to them as Adam and Eve, my only two creations. Their mother, who at one point could have been the third character in that particular garden, loves her kids greatly, but twice left our family. She and I now share custody fairly evenly and I have worked hard to make that part of my life less of a bottomless pit of despair and more of a failed test that I learned from.

If you find my blog, take a few seconds to say 'Hi'. If you are a dad, a divorced dad, or a man who has or is learning to change paths in the later part of his journey, drop me a comment. I'm looking for an online community of dads who can actively participate in dialogue that will help build up those areas we may wish to improve.

Lastly, I will not preach to anyone, as I feel so totally unworthy of that skill. But I will say that I am a Godly man and respect many of the religious beliefs. I pray that God guides me in my writing and reflection so that others may possibly learn something or gain some insight from my travels.

God bless and thanks for visiting. -Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment